[x3d-public] JSON schema or ECMAScript API first?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:16:46 PDT 2021

Don,

Are we planing to do validation with ECMAScript SAI, and drop X3D JSON
schema?

Since you accepted X3DJSONLD into X3DJSAIL, you need X3D JSON schema?
Can't you use validate()?  Java code below:

                 X3DJSONLD loader = new X3DJSONLD();

                 JsonObject jsobj = loader.readJsonFile(new
File("../examples/HelloWorldProgramOutput.json"));
                 Document document = loader.loadJsonIntoDocument(jsobj);
                 X3DLoaderDOM  xmlLoader = new X3DLoaderDOM();
                 X3D X3D0 = (X3D)xmlLoader.toX3dModelInstance(document);

                 X3D0.validate();

Yes, I understand that there's  possibly a bug in this code somewhere.
Someone filing an issue would be most comforting!

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/issues

Thanks!

John