[x3d-public] X3D4 issue review

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Apr 22 11:11:26 PDT 2021

As specification editors, Dick and I are reviewing issues for X3D4 comment submission to ISO.  So far we have 32 comments, but we have not finished looking at all of the old comments still unresolved from the prior X3D specification finalization.

Are there any more essential issues pending?

Attached please find a summary list of the 32 issues already identified for X3D4 resolution. Although Mantis system requires Web3D member access, please be advised that we have no dissemination restrictions on any information in any of the original X3D issues found there.

However some distillation of information is needed for each issue: specification paragraph and suggested resolution.

Prior submission from 2012 is attached, as well as a template for additional Disposition of Comments documents (which we have also added to Web3D specification github).

The X3D4 ballot is 5 May. This is a very important milestone.

Looks like we may need some help with distillation of Mantis issues to get everything done in time.

Any volunteers to help?  Thanks for considering this.