[x3d-public] X3D examples, Nashorn/jjs self-validation test, needs component CADGeometry level 2

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Apr 17 12:00:44 PDT 2021

Thanks for useful diagnostic.  Summary: fixed.

On 4/16/2021 5:20 PM, John Carlson wrote:

> NistFtc09Asme1Ap242Spri execution self-validation test results: org.web3d.x3d.sai.InvalidFieldException: ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE insufficient X3D profile='CADInterchange' for parent X3D model containing 'CADFace' node, ensure sufficient support by adding head statement <component name='CADGeometry' level='2'/>
> or Java source-code assignment:  findAncestorX3D().getHead().addComponent("CADGeometry").setLevel(2);

Agreed this seems like an error, CADInterchangeprofile should support CADFace node.

Found omission in X3DJSAIL testing, fixed pattern, retest not possible (for me) on this scene because of 'code too large' error.

Also prepended package name to class name in output for X3dToJava.xslt generation of self-validation test.

Tested on Basic.CAD.IndexedQuadsetTexture.java satisfactorily.

Plan to push a new build of X3DJSAIL tonight.

> XML:
>
> x3d/content/examples/ConformanceNist/STEP/FTC09/NistFtc09Asme1Ap242Spri.x3d
>
> first part, including components:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE X3D PUBLIC "ISO//Web3D//DTD X3D 3.3//EN" "https://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.3.dtd">
> <X3D profile='CADInterchange' version='3.3' xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='https://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.3.xsd'>
>    <head>
>      <component level='1' name='EnvironmentalEffects'/>
>      <component level='1' name='Navigation'/>
>      <unit category='length' conversionFactor='0.0254' name='INCH'/>

Thanks for corresponding source.

> If you're still confused, please respond.  The code in question is running inside jjs/nashorn, so Java results may be different.

Well I'm a little confused.  As recently reported, Java no longer supports jjs/nashorn and so such results have no long-term repeatable value.

Suggest that efforts to run standalone javascript or JSON X3D scenes be focused on usage within node.js or HTML scripts.

> I have quite a few different error reports.   I will try to submit them when I see an interesting one, or I can capture the whole log and send it to you.

OK great, one model (or one kind of error) at a time please

> I will run through X3D validator below, strange that the component error doesn't show up.

am thinking that this error is a "false positive" and so not seeing it in X3D Validator is good.

* Wikipedia: False positives and false negatives
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_positives_and_false_negatives

> *6. Performing integer/float data-patterns http://www.web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2012-March/001950.html check...* as part of X3D Regular Expressions (regexes) https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dRegularExpressions.html Found 1 leading-zero
> match: - in line 43 column 110: 09 Error(s) detected during this validation test. integer/float data-patterns check: *fail*.

this regex is objecting to name='NIST PMI FTC 09 ASME1' as an illegal int, thus false positive

> *7. Performing X3D Schematron  check...* <meta name='info' content='Correct definition and compliance of this conformance scene is maintained by the Web3D Design Printing and Scanning Working Group, https://www.web3d.org/working-groups/cad'/> [/X3D/head/meta[22], diagnostic] <CADPart DEF=''/> name='NIST PMI FTC 09 ASME1' contains whitespace, which may fail validation or matching corresponding names [/X3D/Scene/CADPart, warning] <CADPart DEF='' name='NIST PMI FTC 09 ASME1'/> does not have an ancestor CADAssembly [/X3D/Scene/CADPart, info] X3D Schematron check:
> *pass*. Good practice is to fix errors and warnings wherever possible, and consider silencing harmless informational messages, so that important indicators remain noticeable.

this seems like an ignorable warning.  yes CADPart typically is found within a CADAssembly, but that is not required since the part might stand alone (as it does in this model).