[x3d-public] Please fix X3dToJson.xslt to work with Saxon-CE, Saxon-Js and xslt3

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 09:03:53 PDT 2021

The number of errors per file is pretty overwhelming, plus overwhelming
numbers of files with errors.  I can spoonfeed you errors, or you can bite
the bullet and install node and xslt3, or I can send you a log of errors
and we can iterate with each other.

I can provide support by providing a script to run xslt3, but it’s pretty
much core Saxonica command-line.

We might start with a log of my local files, which includes HAnim.

If desired, I can revisit my XML to JSON converter.

John

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 10:42 AM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> What the command line documentation is showing is -dtd:on is not available
> with xslt3.
>
> So we’re pretty much stuck with the jar, or reimplementing the stylesheet
> in another language.
>
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:55 AM Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:
>
>> John, the -dtd:on setting is used with Saxon so that all default values
>> are included from the DTD even if no value is provided in the .x3d model.
>> This is intentional and necessary for the stylesheet to work.
>>
>> Don't change it or approximately everything will fail.  No problem here
>> to fix.
>>
>> The command line documentation link is excellent and shows the power
>> available during saxon invocation.
>>

>> On 4/11/2021 11:50 PM, John Carlson wrote:
>> >
>> > While some documentation indicates -dtd:on ??? may solve the problem,
>> > look at this from Saxonica:
>> >

>> https://www.saxonica.com/saxon-js/documentation/index.html#!nodejs/command-line
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > John