[x3d-public] We are now progressing into how the X3D JSON schema is documented, and more features!

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:09:26 PDT 2021

Okay, I have pretty much solidified the X3D JSON schemas, we are
progressing into:

1.  X3D JSON Schema documentation.  We now add $comments with field X3D
type and field accessType.  This is where you come in. Please notice
places where additional $comment properties can be added (not
#comment).  $comment properties are ignored by the validator, unless
validating a schema.  I know there are places where i currently do not
have $comments, particularly the hard-coded portions (geoSystem).  I am
eager to find additional places to add $comment, if desired.

2.  Testing with your own X3D JSON files. You may use the
https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dvalidate node.js package to validate
your X3D JSON.  Or use https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/validator.html
(an online validator).  You may find the command line option easier to
capture errors with in the short term.

3. I will attempt to extend my tutorial to include command-line
validation, Java, JavaScript and Python validation and online validation.

4. Adding new features, like sequencing in the schema, for head and X3D
definitions.