[x3d-public] X3D python effort, suggested upgrades to x3d.py

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Apr 2 20:55:29 PDT 2021

On 4/2/2021 4:54 PM, Joseph D Williams wrote:
> Maybe give file suffix, so, for vrml classic it would be .x3dv

String output or file save methods are provided.

> Please don’t overlook transcoding just parts, like interpolater sets into gltf, for example.

No glTF support exists per se, just the updated X3D4 lighting/material nodes and Inline loading of glTF.

> Also, organizing existing tools, like .x3d into .x3dv and .x3dv into .x3d?

We have the writers.  If we add the readers (as John suggests) then x3d.py package can effectively be used as a converter from one form to another.