[x3d-public] Status on Script.js for brining X3D SAI X_ITE to X3D.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:27:13 PDT 2020

Okay,

I have the status for testing X_ITE scripts with X3DOM.

A few days ago, I had 42 "good" JS files and 42 bad JS files.
With a little bit of effort, I got that down to 83 "good" files and 8 bad
files.

My definition of "good" right now is no errors thrown by node.js.

A bit of effort pays off.

Don, I'd like to set up some time with you to figure out how to run this on
the Embedded Scripts found in the X3D XML resources examples.  I have some
scripts but I don't think they're necessarily running on the local archives
yet.

This is not an effort to test the Prototype Expander, but I do think it
gets exercised.

Plus maintainers should be aware that the ProtoExpander is changing, and
you should check your JSON scripts with the new ProtoExpander.

Here it is:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/PrototypeExpander.js

I found a bug in the visual part of X3DJSONLD that was preventing
X3DJSONLD from running scripts. I had one setInterval() for both XML and
JSON "event" loops.  This was a HUGE find, after many hours of debugging.

I have deployed X3DJSONLD to coderextreme.net, and it's in github under my
coderextreme user.

If someone wants me to squash the last few script bugs, then go here and
download the *.js (not the *.good.js) files.

Happy bug hunting!