[x3d-public] Finding more than one use of a DEF in VRML - encoding/language portability

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:17:58 PDT 2020

Can Leonard update his blog entry based on the various threads?

https://realism.com/blog/defuse-x3d-vs-dom

I think the important thing to get across is:

DEFs with duplicate field value may be duplicated within a scope (VRML).
DEFs with duplicate attribute value may not be duplicated within a scope
(XML, HTML).
I'm not really sure what the JSON requirements are, but someone should
probably go over the working draft.

Thanks,

John