[x3d-public] x3d json schema validation on x3d resources examples results

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 20 19:43:58 PDT 2016

hmmm, running out of things to fix?

these results follow this afternoon's rebuild which included earlier tuning to special character and empty string "" handling.

I don't have JSON Schema validation in the tool suite yet.  so if jslint is passing scenes OK, but JSON Schema remains unhappy, then more detail on precise error cases will be needed please.

On 3/20/2016 3:27 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> I further analyzed the results and computed that although there are 245 validation errors, there are only 73 files that fail Java-based X3D JSON Schema validation.  They are below.  I wish there was a maintained Java/JavaScript schema validator which had human readable output!

presumably you are referring to X3D JSON schema validation?

if you find X3D XML validator troublesome to read, send and example output and let's review together.

> examples//Basic/CAD/CADPartChildTransformationAlternativeB.json
>
> examples//Basic/CAD/CADPartChildTransformationAlternativeC.json

test files

> examples//Basic/Geospatial/Mexico.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/Squaw.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD000.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD001.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD002.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD003.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD004.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD005.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD006.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD007.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD008.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD009.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD010.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD011.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD012.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD013.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD014.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD015.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD016.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD017.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD018.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD019.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD020.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD021.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD022.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD023.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD024.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD025.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD026.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD027.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD028.json
>
> examples//Basic/Geospatial/SquawLOD029.json

no jslint errors found by me, send more detail if specific errors are known

> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/AllenDutton.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/AllenDuttonBlurryMotion.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/BoxMan.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/DiamondManLOA-0.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/DiamondManLOA-1.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/DiamondManLOA-2.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/NancyDivingProtoInstances.json
>
> examples//Basic/HumanoidAnimation/NancyNativeTags.json

no errors found by jslint

> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeAll.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeEdgeRound.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeEdgeVector.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeFaceFlags.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeNumberOfDivisions.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeShellType.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeTexture.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellAttributeVertexRound.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellModelBaby.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellModelHand.json
>
> examples//Basic/LatticeXvl/XvlShellModelOctopus.json

these are all experimental 3.0 and not expected to validate, added meta tags indicated they have test errors.

> examples//Basic/Medical/MedicalMetadata.json
>
> examples//Basic/Medical/MedicalMetadataViewer.json
>
> examples//Basic/StudentProjects/IkeaBeadToy.json

no jslint errors found

> examples//Basic/development/QuadTreeExamples.json
>
> examples//Basic/development/TestRegularExpressionChecks.json
>
> examples//Basic/development/WrapperTagsExampleJsonCommentsAlternative.json

known test scenes, validation not expected

> examples//ConformanceNist/Appearance/PixelTexture/rgb_alpha.json
>
> examples//ConformanceNist/GeometricProperties/TextureCoordinate/indexedfaceset_pixeltexture_entire.json
>
> examples//ConformanceNist/GeometricProperties/TextureCoordinate/indexedfaceset_pixeltexture_part.json
>
> examples//ConformanceNist/GeometricProperties/TextureCoordinate/indexedfaceset_pixeltexture_plus.json
>
> examples//ConformanceNist/GeometricProperties/TextureCoordinate/indexedfaceset_pixeltexture_whole.json

no jslint errors found

> examples//Savage/Locations/SanDiegoCalifornia/SanDiegoConventionCenterBounce.json

known scene error

> examples//Savage/ShipsMilitary/Frigate-MEKO200-Greece/MEKO200Tidy.json

unintended developmental scene, removed

> examples//X3dForAdvancedModeling/Buildings/Building.json

no jslint errors found

> examples//X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorldCommentedAlternativeEncoding.json
>
> examples//X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorldCommentedOriginalEncoding.json

Test scenes retained for archival purposes, not expected to validate

> examples//X3dForAdvancedModeling/SanCarlosCathedral/LightingAlternatives.json
>
> examples//X3dForAdvancedModeling/SanCarlosCathedral/SanCarlosCathedral.json

no jslint errors found

> examples//X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter05-AppearanceMaterialTextures/PixelTextureComponentExamples.json
>
> examples//X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter05-AppearanceMaterialTextures/Table5_18-PixelTexture.json

no jslint errors found

Latest build will be finished this evening, all .json scenes are still uploading.

Meanwhile build.json.out is refreshed and available at
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/build.json.out