[X3D-Public] LEGO inspired idea

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:05:22 PDT 2012

On 29 March 2012 11:46, Christoph Valentin <christoph.valentin at gmx.at> wrote:

> I think, it is already changing. I know, my 11 years old son loves to play
> "Minecraft", especially in multi-player mode with his friends (using Skype
> for voice chat).
>
> What he likes most (this is my subjective impression, I admit), is to build
> worlds from simple building blocks.

yea, the "background noise" on the internet is that you have childrens
11, 12 and 13 years old running minecraft servers (!)

but every generation has his minority of geeks. Look at wargames (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargaming ).  You have people playing
with miniature toys to recreate battles since 1780.

I imagine the geeks from 1833 thinking "woa.. things are changing soo
quick, soon the fantasie scientifiqué will be everywhere".

I think that the change never happends. What is cool for geeks
(technology and science) is boring for the general public.

ℱin del ℳensaje.