[X3D-Public] The Network Sensor is not enough

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:28:25 PST 2011

On 2/10/2011 5:06 AM, Christoph Valentin wrote:
> Thanks for all the information.
> Thank you for the warm words
> and thank you very much for the review.

sure thing

> You asked me for thoughts.
>
> Well, I think it's not the time to discuss technical details now, but I would like to ask for your opinion about my following impression.
>
> I think, it is a kind of "chicken and egg" problem, given the egg is the elaborated network sensor concept and given the chicken is the interest from the telecom industry. Do you agree?

yes.  that is why we keep patiently improving the DIS suites
and offering to help browser implementers use the open source.

> I hope, my sourceforge project could be "something in between chicken and egg", let's see, at least the internal "Developers" forum of the project could be used as forum for stakeholders of this topic.

active projects are always great.

why don't we keep using x3d-public to discuss these issues
and report problems/progress to help each other out.

thanks for your efforts.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman