[X3D-Public] FreeWRL iphone screenshots and movie

John A. Stewart astewart at crc.ca
Tue Aug 9 11:40:58 PDT 2011

Hi All;

Just FYI.

I have some little screen grabs from my laptop screen of FreeWRL
running on the iphone. They were done quickly last night in my hotel
room here at SIGGRAPH, so are not "fantastic" quality. I'm here
getting into the tech. details of GPUs, so will miss some of the Web3D
meetings.

Also, I need some UI work before the Android version is in place;
anyone want to help? Should be a week or two of work.

Screenshots:

1) initial iphone desktop. 2 versions of freewrl, as I had to
re-create development certificate; have to remove "old" one:

http://freewrl.sf.net/JAS/SIGGRAPH2011/iphone%20-desktop.jpg

2) The IFS test image; the buttons are "quit" on the top, then we have
a "Next VP", "Walk", "Examine" and a little status line.

http://freewrl.sf.net/JAS/SIGGRAPH2011/running-vertically.jpg

3) It flips around depending on orientation:

http://freewrl.sf.net/JAS/SIGGRAPH2011/flip-to-horiz.jpg

4) When you start it, you get the option of selecting one of the last
2 worlds, or of typing in another url:

http://freewrl.sf.net/JAS/SIGGRAPH2011/start-type-url-or-recent.jpg

5) And, a movie of it running: (apologies for getting "lost" - it's
the old the monitor is reversed problem! At least I kinda got it back
in the end:

http://freewrl.sf.net/JAS/SIGGRAPH2011/freewrl-simple.mov

John A. Stewart.