[X3D-Public] wiki language for 3D graphics

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Oct 30 12:27:16 PDT 2010

John, thanks for identifying this work.

Luc, merci beaucoup de toutes ces choses.  Thanks for all this work.

It would certainly be great if we were able to publish X3D models
as part of Wikipedia pages.

Am thinking it would be a fairly simple matter to write an
XSLT stylesheet that converts X3D syntax to Wiki3D syntax.
Wondering if that is of interest?

On 10/29/2010 11:57 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> BSD licensed :)
>
> On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:55 PM, John Carlson wrote:
>
>  > With a little more hunting, I found this:
>  >
>  > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:X3d
>  >
>  > (by the same person).

Summary

Use this extension to render x3d content directly in MediaWiki. All content between <x3d> and </x3d> tags is passed to a Java applet. No additional plugin is required on the client side.

>  > On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:46 PM, John Carlson wrote:
>  >
>  >> wiki language (extension) for 3D graphics, idea for web3d.org wiki (if it isn't patented).
>  >>
>  >> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wiki3D

Wiki3D uses <Wiki3D></Wiki3D> tags. The 3D description language is based on simple object primitives: cone, sphere, cylinder, box.

Tutorial:
http://lyriarte.free.fr/Wiki3D_Tutorial.html

>  >> X3D-Public mailing list
>  >> X3D-Public at web3d.org

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman