[X3D-Public] Tourtelotte Thesis on X3D Earth globe construction

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Sun Oct 17 05:46:35 PDT 2010

Hello Don

A very interesting topic.

I would have got a humble question.

Will the provisioning of this data base be a centralized provisioning or a
distributed provisioning?

As some may know, I'm thinking about simulated railroads by X3D, and my
question would be:

Assume two countries A and B with two railroad operators, who use such
simulator for international trains moving from A to B or vice versa.

Would the X3D-Earth database be provided by
   - railroad operator A
   - railroad operator B
   - both of them somehow "together"
   - a third party
   - everyone has an own copy of the whole data base
   - etc.

Just I'm curious (I read that first interest is military interest, but I
wouldn't preclude non-military usage)

Kind regards
Christoph