[X3D-Public] new version X3D-Edit; getting past old versions

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Aug 24 16:00:00 PDT 2010

On 8/23/2010 9:22 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> there is a new version of X3D-Edit that uses the latest Netbeans 6.9.1.
> it should work in both standalone and plugin versions. Mike Bailey has
> restored the JavaHelp system also.
>
> please check it out, test reports welcome.

We've gotten 2 reports that Xj3D is having difficulty
displaying on Mac systems, and are investigating.

> https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/#Downloads

Normally the feature Help > Check for Updates menu works
for the standalone application.

However we have found during major revisions of Netbeans
(in this case, from 6.9 to 6.9.1) that updates are ignored.

If that is case for you, simply delete your prior standalone
installation and again download/unzip/run the new version.

If you would also like to get rid of prior preferences or
settings, there are utility scripts to do that.  On my system:

	C:\installs\X3D-Edit3.2

	removeX3D-EditPreferencesMac.sh.command
	removeX3D-EditPreferencesUnix.sh
	removeX3D-EditPreferencesWinVista.bat
	removeX3D-EditPreferencesWinXP.bat

	runX3dEditMac.sh.command
	runX3dEditUnix.sh
	runX3dEditWindows.bat

Thanks Terence and CH for the testing and run reports.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman