[X3D-Public] SIGGRAPH HTML5 BOF followup: weekly meeting notes

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:02:42 PDT 2010

Anita, Len and I met today to discuss all the great HTML5 BOF
feedback at SIGGRAPH last week.

Anita and Len are working on a page that summarizes all the
activity and links the slides from those SIGGRAPH meetings.

John and Johannes, can you please make sure that we have your
slides.  Also need links to the latest demos that were shown
(which were many).

Mike Aratow is hoping to find time to join our weekly calls, to
review our outputs and site materials so far, and to help us
organize for the next round of outreach activity to both W3C and
the public.  Probably some streamlining of all the information
on our wiki site might be in order.
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_HTML5

I'm thinking we might also produce a number of further examples for
HTML authors, and this might further reinforce the planned work by
an X3D e-learning interest group.

There is certainly plenty of room for more hands who want to help
on one part or another.  We will stick with our 8-9 pacific
(17-1800 Germany) teleconference window each Tuesday.

Future discussions will include how to best organize the mailing lists
to maximize discussions, outreach and participation.  All thoughts are
welcome.

Congratulations and _thank you_ to everyone for the superb showings
at SIGGRAPH last week.  Exciting  times to work on the Web!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman