Cobweb is now X_ITE
Check out the new face of Cobweb now called X_ITE designed to maximize developer productivity. X_ITE creates powerful X3D scenes with the rich set of X3D nodes making development not only productive but also an enjoyable experience.
Several bug fixes and added functionalty: Wow!
- Better font support for polygon text.
- Better mouse wheel reaction in walk viewer.
- The X3DCanvas element can now be styled in Internet Expolorer (IE), this is important if the fallback is visible.
- X3D functions for external browser are now called when scenes are loaded.
- Changed handling of fallback css attribute display.
- Package is now available via code.create3000.de and jsDelivr.
- NPM is now the package management system.
Multiple Web3D Consortium assets have been updated to take advantage of excellent capabilities provided by X_ITE. Updates include 3900 models in the X3D Example Archives (example HelloWorldX_ITE.html), X3D to DOM conversion stylesheet, X3D-Edit authoring tool, and the X3D Java Scene Authoring Interface Library (X3DJSAIL).
Also published: Web3D Consortium tweet "New release: Cobweb player is now X_ITE #X3D Player. Have you seen this? Wow!"