Web3D 2017 Consortium Open Meeting
Web3D Consortium Open Meeting is being held on Wednesday 7 June 2017 at Web3D 2017 Conference in Brisbane, Australia from 0900 to 1600 AEST.
Motivation. We work together on key challenges that benefit from group collaboration, often influencing follow-on activities and major achievements in the coming year. Web3D leaders also present major accomplishments and describe the benefits of member participation.
- X3D Metadata Workshop. Proposal submitted by Vince Marchetti. Participants will explore best Web metadata practices for X3D models over a span of application domains including Medical records, Cultural and Natural Heritage, 3D printing, 3D scanning and CAD visualization.
- X3D Scanning Workshop. Proposal and candidate requirements submitted by Don Brutzman. Partipants will examine typical scanning workflows and overlapping requirements with X3D CAD, X3D Printing and shared metadata conventions.
- X3D Version 4 and HTML5 integration, update on continuing standardization progress and coordinating next-step activities.
- Overview of glTF / SRC / X3DOM and X3D commonality, resuming work on X3D Binary Encoding.
- Cultural and Natural Heritage Working Group leadership and activities: accelerating projects and progress.
- W3C Declarative 3D Community Group rejuvenation and leadership: time to restart? Are there X3D counterparts who might work with XML3D (and perhaps other technologies) on complementary convergence?
Web3D 2017 Consortium Open Meetings occur each year at the Web3D and SIGGRAPH Conferences. Looking ahead further: the next open meeting will occur during SIGGRAPH 2017 30 July - 3 August 2017 in Los Angeles California.