Join the Web3D Consortium
The Web3D Consortium is a non-profit group open to industry, academic, government and individual members. The Web3D Consortium is committed to the creation and deployment of open, royalty-free standards that enable the communication of real-time 3D across applications, networks, and XML web services. The Consortium works closely with the International Standards Organization (ISO), Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and other standardization bodies to maximize both interoperability and market opportunities for its membership. All Consortium members are empowered to participate in Consortium Working Groups and contribute to Consortium specifications before public deployment. Members are also able to network with leading world-wide experts in Web3D technology to accelerate the delivery of their cutting-edge 3D platforms and applications.
Membership provides real benefits for 3D graphics communication, networking, leadership, marketing, and specification development.
Web3D members agree to follow the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy for all technical contributions. This approach protects a massive set of technology capabilities, keeping X3D and related standards royalty free for any use.
Review Membership Agreements
See attached documents - at the bottom of the page.
Apply for Membership
- Organizational/Directing Level Membership (select one of the choices 2-7)
- Professional/Student Level Membership (select the 8th or 9th choice)
- Community Level Membership (select last choice)
If you or your organization are a Web3D Consortium Member, please sign up for a username and password. You will need the coupon code from your employer to avoid paying a membership fee. All organizations receive a coupon code that provides free membership to its employees.
Overview of Membership Levels, Dues and Benefits
|Signed Member Agreement||Yes||Yes||Yes - electronically||Yes - electronically|
|Membership Approval Needed||By Board||No||No||No|
|Seat on Board||Yes - if desired||By election||By election||No|
|Working Group Participation||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Vote in Working Groups||One vote||One vote||No||No|
|Vote on Bylaws change||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Waiver of Adopters Fees||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Contribute to Wiki/Forum||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
See the Member Category Comparison page for a detailed comparison of the capability differences.
Definitions of Large, Standard and Small Organizations
Annual Dues payable for each level of membership vary according to the size of the member organization:
- "Large" organizations are
- companies with $50M annual revenue or more
- academic, military, or government organizations with 1,000 or more paid staff or faculty members;
- "Standard" membership is available to any
- company with annual revenue from $5M to $50M
- academic, military, or government organizations with 100 to 999 paid staff or faculty members;
- "Small" membership is available to any
- company with annual revenue less than $5M
- academic, military, or government organizations with less than 100 paid staff or faculty members
- Standard Professional membership dues are reduced for accredited students.
For more information about membership please send an email to: email@example.com.