Web3D Emerging Technology Showcase
Virginia Tech and Web3D Consortium sponsor a day of showcasing emerging Web3D technologies.
Interactive web-based 3D technologies are leading the development of new opportunities in health, geospatial, and defense. These technologies provide an interactive real-time 3D solution that allows dispersed groups to interactively address real-world issues. Virginia Tech and Web3D Consortium are presenting demonstrations, discussions, and opportunities of emerging Web3D technologies. The presentations will be at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington Virginia (directions). The event is open to all OGC members and attendees of OGC's Technical Committee meeting and other selected guests. Request Invitation
- Strategic overview: Web3D standards activities and emerging technologies
- Web3D opportunities: Geospatial, Medical and Building Information industries
- Demonstrations: X3D Graphics technology in multiple Web-based applications
- Discussions: collaborative program opportunities for Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and Web3D participants
Who Should Attend
- OGC Members or Technical Committee(TC) meeting attendees
- Government Program Sponsors and Program Managers
- Web3D Consortium members, adopters and customers
- Industry thought leaders and strategic business planners
Technology Focus Areas
- The Geospatial Web
- Health, Medical and Science applications
- Education and visualization support
- Defense challenges and opportunities
- Noon - Invitational Briefings -
- Health, Medical and Science Visualization
- Geo Informatics
- Defense and Government
- 4:00 pm - Social Hour and Networking
- 4:10 pm - Bus to VT Research Center departs from Lockheed Martin for OGC TC meeting attendees
- 5:00 pm - Reception: presentations and demonstrations, refreshments
- 7:00 pm - Discussions and professional networking
- 8:00 pm - Session complete. Last OGC bus departs.
- Complete Agenda
Registration & Location
- Virgina Tech Research Center
900 N Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22203
- OGC Members and TC Meeting attendees please sign-in and register on OGC Technical Committee Meeting for the evening receiption. Otherwise, please request an invitation.
- Other interested people, please request an invitation.
||anita.havele||Event welcome, modernization and innovation, and ROI for 3D Open Standards|
|Health, Medical and Science Visualization||
||npolys||Web3D visualization, brain imaging visualization, surgery, and H-Anim.|
||mmccann||Geospatial development and requirements drive the need for 3D.|
|Defense and Government||
||brutzman||The needs for 3D in government, including the military, shows up in 3D printing and facility support.|